Saturday, May 30, 2009

Who Done Stole the Bride?

Just got back from a very fun evening. Jen, KL, and JD were all part of the cast in a fund-raising dinner/play at Sierra Pines Church in Oakhurst. The proceeds will go to the youth groups to help pay for summer camp and mission activities. The play "Who Done Stole the Bride" was the story of a hillbilly family living in the Ozarks. Jen played Eulah, mother of four daughters and I think she had a couple of sons. KL was one of the triplets, and JD was a little brother. And they all had to perfect a hill-billy accent, y'all!

It's been nearly 25 years since we've watched Jen perform on stage. She loved participating in dramas in high school, and she hasn't lost her touch. She was hilarious, and played her role quite well (of course we're probably a bit biased on that subject).

KL seems to have the acting genes in her also, her stage presence was superb for a kid with no previous experience. And JD is another natural ham . . . I wonder where he gets it?

We are proud of all of them, they were so fun to watch as they performed their parts. They all stayed in character even during intermission.
We sat behind some folks, so my pictures are not the best, but I think they'll give you an idea of the evening. Oh . . . it was a dinner show. We enjoyed Chili, salad, corn bread, and "Eulah's Peach Cobbler" for dessert.


JD tried out for a part but was too young to play it, since it was meant for an older teenager. So the director had a part written in especially for JD because she liked his natural acting ability.

It was fun to watch all the expressions Jen portrayed in playing her character. She's a natural comedian.

A lot of hand on hips, too!

Here she is talking to her daughter who is about to get married.

And here are the triplets, KL in the blue. These are the dresses we made last week.

I like this shot because Jen and KL are together . . .

More facial expressions . . .

So I guess no matter how old I'm getting and no matter how old my kids are getting . . . I'll always be blessed to be their mom and I'll always be forever proud of them.

Jen and PD treated us and Gary and Cecile to this evening of fun. Gary and Cecile will soon be house-sitting and animal-sitting for them for a few days.

Two our our three stars for the evening. JD was probably socializing with friends when this picture was taken. What a fun night. Thanks PD and Jen.

Life is good!


3 comments:

Ken said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jennavar said...

Whoowee.. lands to betsy are we ever tired! That was a blast though. The kids really had a good time and it was really fun to perform with them. Regarding those facial expressions...wow.. I had no idea that they were that extreme. I do see a lot of your side of the family in my expressions. I'm so glad that you came, thanks so much! I miss ya'll already! See you at the end of the week.

kalebsmum said...

Wow... that's too funny. And loved Jen's different expressions! What a fun night!