Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Relaxed Mother's Day

I just had the most relaxing Mother's Day ever, it was perfect. In my lifetime of motherhood, well actually since 1970, Mother's Day was normally spent at our house with the entire extended family engrossed in our annual Mother's Day Ping-Pong Tournament (M.D.P.P.T.). We all enjoyed it and had lots of fun and shared prizes and trophies and laughs. One of the best parts was that the men did all the cooking. It was a lot of work getting the back yard all spruced up, making sure the pool was spotlessly clean, and just the general shopping and getting ready for about 30 guests. It was an all-day affair. Then after we retired, we would drive down to Southern California where my sister and husband hosted the MDPPT. That family tradition made for lots and lots of wonderful memories.

This year was different. With Jen and family moving up to our mountain town, and sister and brother-in-law retiring in Big Pine, and Mom's passing away last month— there will be no more MDPPTs. We simply drove up to Jen's place, kicked back with her precious family, and relaxed by the pool . . . while my son-in-law barbecued dinner. Life just can't get any better!


While sipping a nice glass of wine, Jen's maternal instinct struck and she, somehow, needed something to cuddle. JD brought her one of the bunnies, Elwood, for Jen to play with.

Then I witnessed something I've never seen before. That sweet little bunny laid back in her lap and let Jen trim her "toenails." Amazing!

Such a sweet bunny.

After his pedicure, Elwood enjoyed munching on a carrot. I got a cute video of this but I can't figure out how to get it on the computer. I've done it before, but somehow it's now a mystery!

How's this for a gourmet treat? It was awesomely delicious.

Life is good!

4 comments:

Middle America Mom said...

Yummo! Those kabobs look mighty tasty! What a great picture of the bunny relaxing in my sistahs lap while she trimmed his toenails. How funny!

Farmer Jen said...

I love that cute and cuddly bunny. Those kabobs do look delicious. You can upload your video to You Tube and then embed the HTML code they give you into blogger. That's one way to put your video on your blog.

kalebsmum said...

That is soo sweet! I've got one question: Did Jen have a hoard of pets when she was growing up? It sure looks like she is in her element!

A.J. said...

I LOVE Elwood! What a doll.

The video plays for a little while anyway, and you can hear him munching his carrot. Oh he really does look like such a sweet little bunny.