Monday, December 13, 2010

A Bump in the Road

A year and a half ago I developed some kind of allergic reaction to some sort of fungi which I must have inhaled. It affected my lungs so much that it has done some major damage. The doctors still haven't been able to pinpoint what fungus nor from where it came. Because we travel from here in our little mountain community of Coarsegold up to Oregon for three to four months of the summer, and I've been having trouble breathing in both locations, it's been difficult to figure out where the culprit lives. I've been seeing a pulmonologist in Fresno who, after a biopsy of my lung, has at least given my condition a name.

Ready? . . . 

Exasperated Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis. 

He suggested that I remove myself from both the travel trailer and the park model we live in at Park Sierra, because he feels the culprit is in the AC ducts in either or both rigs. So our daughter and son-in-law generously offered to house us in their guest room for three months.

They are growing up so darn fast . . . we now have two teenagers in the bunch!
 Yesterday we moved in . . . now it's a wait and see if the new meds do their job in removing the inflammation on the lung tissue and keep it from coming back.

The best part of this diversion is that we're with our loving family and get to enjoy the grand kids on a daily basis.

Life is good!

1 comment:

Aunt Patty said...

I didn't know JD is 13, is that right? Oh my gosh, they are growing up faster than I realized. Nice picture, is that the pool? I know you'll lick this little lung culprit, it's just a matter of time with the help of that great pulmonologist and all the prayers going up for you!!