Thursday, December 02, 2010

A Fun Date Night in Fresno

Last Christmas we were given a great gift by our Midwestern family . . . tickets to go twice to the Roger Rockas Dinner Theatre in Fresno. We looked at the six shows offered during the year to make our choice. In April I chose one of my favorites, Rodgers and Hammerstein's Oklahoma and last night we enjoyed Ken's choice . . . Sugar Babies — no, not the candy — the burlesque show.

Quite frankly I realized that I didn't really know what a burlesque show was. I had thought we'd be watching a bunch of fan-dancers, and high kicking sparsely clad young things.
But in addition to musical numbers, Sugar Babies featured classic skits like the famous "Little Red Schoolhouse" which was my favorite.
And of course we did get a complimentary treat during the intermission— a tiny box of the candy was given to each table to share!
Roger Rockas is a great place to go for a night out on the town—great food, great service, and certainly great entertainment. Thank you so much Midwestern family . . . a wonderful Christmas present that was enjoyed clear up to December!

Life is good!

3 comments:

Middle America Mom said...

I'm glad you guys liked it. So, did you like the non-fan dancing burlesque parts? It looks like a fun show. As far as the Sugar Babies candy goes, that's a candy that I haven't thought about for awhile -- I do like the chewiness of them, though.

kalebsmum said...

It sounds like you had a lot of fun! And what a great gift this was, to be enjoyed not once, but twice through the year!

Aunt Patty said...

What fun that looks like!! Those Sugar Babies look so good, love that chocolate and chewy carmel. What a neat evening to be treated to, and to have it twice in one year is pretty great! Very thoughtful gift from that Midwestern Family. I sure miss them.